The 9th International Conference on the Dialogical Self took place 7-10 September 2016 in Lublin, Poland.
The 10th International Conference on the Dialogical Self is scheduled 13-16 June, 2-18, in Braga, Portugal. Organizer is Miguel Goncalves, University of Minho, Portugal. Website follows soon.
-Recently published: ASSESSING AND STIMULATING A DIALOGICAL SELF IN GROUPS, TEAMS, CULTURES, AND ORGANIZATIONS (edited by Hubert Hermans). New York: Springer, 2016. The book presents nine practical methods based on Dialogical Self Theory, written by scientists-practitioners who work with these methods in their own practice.
– The 7th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE DIALOGICAL SELF took place 25-28 October 2012 at the University of Georgia, USA, followed by a post-conference workshop on the practical implications of the theory. For Hubert’s keynote, click HERE.
– The 16th biennial conference of the Constructivist Psychology Network (CPN) took place in Arlington, TX, USA, in the summer of 2012. For other CPN conferences, click HERE.
– Hubert Hermans gave a keynote at the 19th INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON PERSONAL CONSTRUCT PSYCHOLOGY, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, July 19-22, 2011. See YouTube for part 1 (intro by Jon Raskin), part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5,part 6, part 7, and part 8. This congress was followed by a 1-day training on Dialogical Self Practice given by Hubert Hermans.
– In May 2011 Hubert lectured in South-Africa: the University of Kwa Zulu Natal, the University of Fort Hare in Alice and the Rhodes University in Grahamstown. An interview and the central parts of the workshop he presented in Pietermaritzburg are published in the New Psychotherapist, July/August, 2012 under the title ‘The multi-self edition’.
– He was keynote speaker at the ANNUAL MEETING OF THE JAPAN SOCIETY FOR PERSONALITY PSYCHOLOGY in Shimane, Japan, October 6-7, 2012. In the same week he also lectured at Tokyo University and at the Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto. Agnieszka Hermans-Konopka joined in giving workshops on the Composition Method, a new method based on Dialogical Self Theory.
– Hubert gave a keynote at the International Conference of DEAFBLIND INTERNATIONAL a world association for promoting services for deafblind people. The conference was scheduled 24-28 August, 2013 in Lille, France. He also gave a presentation at the master seminar on deafblindness at the University of Groningen, Netherlands on 22 March, 2012.
– He gave lectures and workshop to students and professionals of the Theatre Faculty of DAMU in Prague in the week 9-13 December 2012.
– For his summary of the dialogical self, see youtube.
-Hubert gave a keynote at the 33rd conference of the International Association for the Study of Dreams (IASD) in the beautiful 12th Century Rolduc Abbey and Conference Center in Kerkrade, The Netherlands, 24-29 June, 2016.