– The Radboud University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands, has officially decided to establish a professorial chair titled “Foundations of Dialogical Self Theory (DST).” It is a so-called “special chair” for one day a week.The chair will be located in the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology, and Religious Studies of the Radboud University (2020). The purpose of this chair is to stimulate research guided by the Theory and to teach its philosophical foundations and implications. The initiative to propose the chair to the Radboud University was taken by the International Society for Dialogical Science as a legal entity under Dutch law
– Hubert Hermans’ new book SOCIETY IN THE SELF: A THEORY OF IDENTITY IN DEMOCRACY, New York: Oxford University Press, is published, April, 2018.
-Hubert was elected as foreign member of the ROYAL FLEMISH ACADEMY OF BELGIUM FOR SCIENCE AND THE ARTS, 16 December 2017.
– Recently published: THE DIALOGAL SELF THEORY IN EDUCATION: A MULTICULTURAL PERSPECTIVE (edited by Frans Meijers and Hubert Hermans). New York: Springer, 2017. The book presents 13 applications of the theory in various cultural contexts.
– Keynote Hubert Hermans DIALOGICAL SELF IN COACHING AND SUPERVISION for the Anse Conference on Supervision and Coaching, 23 August, 2017, in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. This presentation can be sent on request (e-mail HHermans@psych.ru.nl ).
– Keynote Hubert Hermans FIELDS OF TENSION IN A BOUNDARY-CROSSING WORLD: TOWARDS A DEMOCRATIC SELF for the Jean Monnet Network, 8 June 2017, in Bruge, Belgium. This presentation can be sent on request (e-mail HHermans@psych.ru.nl )
–The 10th International Conference on the Dialogical Self took place, 13-16 June, 2018, in Braga, Portugal. Organizer was Miguel Goncalves, University of Minho, Portugal. THE NEXT CONFERENCE IS SCHEDULED 17-20 June, 2020 in Barcelona, organized by the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
– The 9th International Conference on the Dialogical Self took place 7-10 September 2016 in Lublin, Poland.
-Recently published: ASSESSING AND STIMULATING A DIALOGICAL SELF IN GROUPS, TEAMS, CULTURES, AND ORGANIZATIONS (edited by Hubert Hermans). New York: Springer, 2016. The book presents nine practical methods based on Dialogical Self Theory, written by scientists-practitioners who work with these methods in their own practice.
– The 7th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE DIALOGICAL SELF took place 25-28 October 2012 at the University of Georgia, USA, followed by a post-conference workshop on the practical implications of the theory. For Hubert’s keynote, click HERE.
– The 16th biennial conference of the Constructivist Psychology Network (CPN) took place in Arlington, TX, USA, in the summer of 2012. For other CPN conferences, click HERE.
– Hubert Hermans gave a keynote at the 19th INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON PERSONAL CONSTRUCT PSYCHOLOGY, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, July 19-22, 2011. See YouTube for part 1 (intro by Jon Raskin), part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5,part 6, part 7, and part 8. This congress was followed by a 1-day training on Dialogical Self Practice given by Hubert Hermans.
– In May 2011 Hubert lectured in South-Africa: the University of Kwa Zulu Natal, the University of Fort Hare in Alice and the Rhodes University in Grahamstown. An interview and the central parts of the workshop he presented in Pietermaritzburg are published in the New Psychotherapist, July/August, 2012 under the title ‘The multi-self edition’.
– He was keynote speaker at the ANNUAL MEETING OF THE JAPAN SOCIETY FOR PERSONALITY PSYCHOLOGY in Shimane, Japan, October 6-7, 2012. In the same week he also lectured at Tokyo University and at the Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto. Agnieszka Hermans-Konopka joined in giving workshops on the Composition Method, a new method based on Dialogical Self Theory.
– Hubert gave a keynote at the International Conference of DEAFBLIND INTERNATIONAL a world association for promoting services for deafblind people. The conference was scheduled 24-28 August, 2013 in Lille, France. He also gave a presentation at the master seminar on deafblindness at the University of Groningen, Netherlands on 22 March, 2012.
– He gave lectures and workshop to students and professionals of the Theatre Faculty of DAMU in Prague in the week 9-13 December 2012.
– For his summary of the dialogical self, see youtube.
-Hubert gave a keynote at the 33rd conference of the International Association for the Study of Dreams (IASD) in the beautiful 12th Century Rolduc Abbey and Conference Center in Kerkrade, The Netherlands, 24-29 June, 2016.